FSX Announcement: Operations: New Solid Waste Shipment Regulations in China
September 22nd, 2011
FSX SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
New Solid Waste Shipment Regulations in China
Dear Valued Customer:
Please be advised that the Chinese Authorities have recently announced new regulations in respect to the Importation of Solid Waste into China effective August 1st, 2011. Below are the main points of note for your reference.
Please be advised of the following restrictions and regulations for importing solid waste into China:
- It is forbidden to import hazardous waste or transfer hazardous waste via the territory of China.
- The solid waste that cannot be used as raw material is forbidden to import to China.
- “To Order” Bills of Lading for carriage of solid waste are forbidden to be issued by carriers. The consignee shall be clear and identified on the Booking and Bills of Lading.
- Solid waste, except for waste paper, is forbidden to be transshipped to its destination or other land or sea port without having been preceded and cleared at the Customs of the first Chinese port of discharge.
- Solid waste imported is forbidden to be abandoned either by the consignee or by the carrier.
- Carrier shall keep all import records of solid waste for at least for 3 years, such as origin place of export, category, weights, quantity, final whereabouts or other details
Additionally, shippers will need to supply the following certificates for solid waste shipments at time of booking:
- A valid import license for solid waste
- The Chinese consignee’s registration certificate for import of solid waste that can be used for raw material.
- Shipper’s registration certificate for import of solid waste into China that can be used for raw material.
- Pre-shipment inspection certificate (CCIC PSI certificate) of solid waste that may be used for raw materials.
Please submit the required documentation for these clearances prior to tendering to Horizon Lines.
For complete details, we would recommend referring to the Order issued by the Chinese Authorities through consignees or your agents in China.
If you have any questions, please contact your Horizon Lines Sales Representative
or Customer Service at 1-877-678-7447.
Thank you for choosing Horizon Lines. Always There. Always Delivering.®