Puerto Rico Announcement : Operations : Hurricane Irene - Update 9 - 08-26-11
August 26th, 2011
PUERTO RICO SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Hurricane Irene – Update 9 – Vessel Updates
Dear Valued Customer:
Hurricane Irene remains a Category 3 Hurricane and is moving closer to the East Coast. The storm is currently located 375 miles South-southwest of Cape Hatteras, NC, and is moving North at 14 MPH. Maximum sustained winds are 110 MPH.
Due to Hurricane Irene’s path, we are providing the following updates our vessel schedules:
• Horizon Trader voyage TO438N is currently working in Elizabeth, NJ. In order to navigate around the storm, the cargo cut off for TO438S will be firm at 4:30 pm today, Friday, August 26th. We will not offer late gates on this departure and expect no delays for our Tuesday arrival in San Juan.
• Horizon Producer voyage PD670S from Jacksonville will begin cargo operations in San Juan at 1 pm today, Friday, August 26th. We expect no further delays for this vessel. Gate hours in San Juan will be extended until 8 pm for all activities.
• Horizon Navigator voyage NV487N will begin cargo operations in Jacksonville at 7 pm today, Friday, August 26th. Cargo from NV487N will be available for pick up on Monday, August 29th.
• Horizon Navigator voyage NV487S will arrive in San Juan on Monday, August 29th. We expect to begin cargo operations in San Juan on Monday, August 29th at 6 pm. Gate hours in San Juan will be extended until 8 pm for all activities.
• Horizon Challenger Voyage CN547N will have an on time arrival into Houston on Thursday, September 1st. We expect no delays to this schedule.
Horizon Lines is aware of the effects that storm delays have on our customers’ operations and will make every reasonable effort to ensure that effects from these delays are minimized. We will continue to provide timely and accurate updates on information that may affect your shipments.
If you have any questions, please contact your Horizon Lines Sales Representative
or Customer Service at 1-877-678-7447.
Thank you for choosing Horizon Lines. Always There. Always Delivering.®